• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA 2.1 Has started..

hmmm..twice now my *#*#checkin#*#* has resulted in a timeout. Gonna keep trying until I get a success. Probably doesn't mean anything other than 9,999 other people are doing exactly the same thing

Does that checkin thing really work? Or is it about the same thing as going to settings, about phone, and check for updates that way?
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
hmmm..twice now my *#*#checkin#*#* has resulted in a timeout. Gonna keep trying until I get a success. Probably doesn't mean anything other than 9,999 other people are doing exactly the same thing

Mine tricked me :(

I did the *#*#checkin#*#* and it took a good 2 minutes to come back with a success. Thought it meant something important. Guess it just meant that the server is lagging due to being flooded.

Darn. Guess I'll just check back tomorrow. *crosses fingers that an informed person will post the update*

Upvote 0
The problem is that only about 15-20% of all Droid users go on any sort of "Droid" forum like this..most are totally clueless. 2nd it doesn't help that about 75% of the people on this forum are rooted and thus no OTA update. So basically its taking around 5%-8% of all people are on a forum able to get OTA, and atleast 3/4 of them will just rush to update and not pull the update.zip. So based on this your left with only 2-3% of all people able to pull the update.zip and out of the 10,000 thats 200 people and about 4/5 of them are sleeping. So right now only 40 people can get it on ANY forum and who knows when they will get it 1 am, 2 am, 3am...so let's all get some sleep and in the morning there will be a nice update.zip in front of your anxious faces.......and sorry for all the math this late, I'm a math guy.

woops didn't no it was 9,000 so that's even less people maybe 35 now.

Upvote 0
The update is now available for my phone! Right when i clicked android forums on tapatalk my phone popped it up!!! How do i post the file for you guys?!

awesome!

here:
http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/54064-please-read-reguarding-2-1-update-motorola-droid.html

but in that same thread there was a guy who JUST posted (last page) that it seemed to reboot itself without the second prompt to "restart and install." maybe you'll have better luck. let us know

Upvote 0
Did you check any threads at all before posting this "news"? :thinking:

I think all your points are lost with that ridiculous (yet amazingly hysterical) photoshopped photo of yourself with a guitar. All the default editing tool settings in full effect. Can you please PM a copy I think it's most awesome avatar I have ever seen. This is going to 4chan for sure.

*Needs a lens flare.

messenger13.gif

LMFAO

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones