• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA Update Starting today?

The update was supposed to be distributed to 9,000 more people @ midnight, however the time zone wasn't specified...

Here's the info I came across courtesy of Android Phone

UPDATE: And look what Jef just found:
http://learning.verizonwireless.com/learning/Droid_Motorola_Software_Update.pdf
Enjoy improved performance with these OS enhancements.
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce new software enhancements for your DROID by Motorola smartphone. The Droid by Motorola software
version AP:ESD56/BP:C_01.3E.01P update includes numerous improvements.
The following enhancements to the Droid by Motorola have been made:
xx OS stability is improved.
xx Battery life is improved.
xx Camera auto focus functionality is improved, and time between
shots is reduced.
xx Enhancements for three-way calling.
xx Audio for incoming calls is improved.
xx When receiving a call on call waiting, the speakerphone now
remains on.
xx Bluetooth​

Upvote 0
I can't believe VZ is fsking with the homescreen. I thought the droid was supposed to be the end of them putting their crappy graphics everywhere. I dont mind a little branding but if they changed the picture and the locks, there may be quite a few angry customers.

If someone would root this DA*M phone, we wouldn't have to worry about the VZ crap on the screen.

How long is it gonna take already!!!?

Upvote 0
I can't believe VZ is fsking with the homescreen. I thought the droid was supposed to be the end of them putting their crappy graphics everywhere. I dont mind a little branding but if they changed the picture and the locks, there may be quite a few angry customers.

Why are you complaining about something that hasn't been confirmed. Chances are there will be an app that allows you to use the old unlock screen.

There will be plenty of time to complain after you get your update.

Upvote 0
I really can't believe people are crying about this. like really? it already says verizon wireless on the old screen. WTH difference does it make? do you sit there and scare at your unlock screen? cause i usually see mine for about 1 second while i'm unlocking and to be honest i never even noticed the verizon banner until everyone started crying about it today.

Upvote 0
Why are you complaining about something that hasn't been confirmed. Chances are there will be an app that allows you to use the old unlock screen.

There will be plenty of time to complain after you get your update.

Lol. That unlock screen is very *** looking though.

Oh and actually there is an app that lets you use the camera button or even make the lock button on the top of the droid as lock/UNLOCK button...

It's called ScreenMode Widget:

compose.ashx

Upvote 0

Thing is, this is android 2.0.1...as such, this is from Google, not vzw...it is just being pushed to the phone through vzws network...so vzw is not changing things, Google is..if I am mistaken, please correct me...I could be wrong...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones