• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTG USB not working

pigeonmilk

Lurker
Feb 7, 2020
I bought a new 128g OTG usb thumb drive and my pixel 2xl wont read it. It wont format it either. When it prompts to format it the drive the screen swaps over to the Google white screen and the loading bar just sticks it never boots or completes. It goes to the 20% screen and does nothing. I'r formatted through my pc which when read by the pixel says it needs formatting. I've also enabled usb debugging. I'm kinda stumped on what to do. I am running version 10

It has a USB-C connector. I tried my 32 gig sansdisk otg thumbdrive and it was immediately recognized. Ive tried the usb 3.0 end of the new thumbdrive using the usb to type c connector as well connected to the phone and nothing. Its a 3-1 thumbdrive, has type c, iphone and usb connector on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones