• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUDHS] Guide to Rooting your Premia 4G

I just bricked my new phone...

EDIT: My phone was stuck on the Huawei logo for like a long time after I did this so I had to remove the battery and re-power my phone. It was'nt bricked and I am now rooted.. But why was it stuck on the logo?

EDIT AGAIN: I opened up Superuser app and apparently I'm not rooted... Can someone help me?
Should I factory reset my phone and try again?

FINAL EDIT: Well all I did was I tried it again but this time I used MTP instead of Camera and it worked! I'm finally rooted.

Anyways thank you guys..

Upvote 0
@metrokackz - did you every resolve your issue? (stuck in boot loop or unable to do recovery)

Do you have any suggestions on how to avoid ending up in same boat as you did if I decide to attempt to root my phone using this method (motochopper script)?

I am curious, did you install a custom ROM or did you just root and then delete some stock apps and then tweak some system settings like CPU clock and governor?

Thx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones