• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [OUDHS] Clockworkmod Recovery 1.0.3.4

yeah lol I just broke my digitizer on my s3 so gotta order a replacement, so grabbed this as a temp phone until I can get it all fixed up :D

but to be honest I kinda like it lol just needs some proper theming :D

ya this phone is actually pretty beast inside. imo it blows away the esteem, plus im glad i finally got an upgrade from GB lol.
my esteem went into test mode and the micro usb port on it got munched. so now i use it as my media server for netflix, tv, music and whatever lol. hdmi output to my 46". dont mind if i do.

Upvote 0
Is the phone plugged in or connected to your computer when trying to power down?
EDIT:
Have you tried to power it down from the recovery? I believe it's the 8th option on the main screen, advanced, then there should be an option to power off

I tested this. If you go into the Advanced menu and select Power Off it just reboots back into Recovery.
On the one hand, your phone will keep charging. On the other hand, a burglar could break into your home and do all kinds damage to your phone while it's in Recovery? :D

Is this something that can be fixed? [I have Bonefaces's stock installed. I assume that does not factor in here. I did both Recovery and flash before the next time I charged]

Upvote 0
what do you mean? there is only one way to port cwm, you build it from source for the device

theres 2 that i know of. the first one is bulding from cm source tree, second one is an automated kinda kitchen way..where you drop in your stock recovery, and other necessary files and it "cooks" one for you. for the life of me i can not find that link.
from your response i assume you ported it the first way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones