• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Our son wants a Droid 2

You are right, he loves it! He was kissing and hugging me and telling me how much he loves me and how awesome his phone is! A reaction I don't get to see much at his age.

Good guess, but he loves it.

Side note: Now I'm debating on if I'm going to take him to the midnight release tonight for video game he wants. He said it would be the perfect ending for a perfect day. He even went to bed at 9 so he could get plenty of sleep for school.

Lol he is 13 or 14...Boys generally are still in their sweet stage at the age...its when they get 16 and up that they become evil haha!

But did u take him to the release party?

Upvote 0
I did! I got him the Incredible at Best Buy for FREE! :cool: I was also able to take advantage of Verizon's current upgrade to a smart phone promotion, so we don't have to pay the $9.99 add a line talk for his line anymore. Long story short, he now has a smart phone and it's only going to cost us $10 a month more and I only spent $40 or so at Best Buy buying him a charger and screen protectors. Love it!

I think that is a pretty damn good deal!! The incredible rules!
Too small of a screen for me but still, free? Damn good.

Gosh, when i was 14 i had a brick...lucky kid lol
But i also had a go cart that went about 80 MPH soooo...i was pretty lucky as well lol

Upvote 0
You are right, he loves it! He was kissing and hugging me and telling me how much he loves me and how awesome his phone is! A reaction I don't get to see much at his age.

Good guess, but he loves it.

Side note: Now I'm debating on if I'm going to take him to the midnight release tonight for video game he wants. He said it would be the perfect ending for a perfect day. He even went to bed at 9 so he could get plenty of sleep for school.

Well congrats then. :)

Upvote 0
Lol he is 13 or 14...Boys generally are still in their sweet stage at the age...its when they get 16 and up that they become evil haha!

But did u take him to the release party?

He will be 14 in 2 weeks. As for still being sweet...most of the time, but you never know from one day to the next. I know my daughter was really sweet until she got her license...so yes, until she was 16.

Yes, I took him and he said I was the best mom in the whole world. It really doesn't take that much to make kids happy.

Upvote 0
He will be 14 in 2 weeks. As for still being sweet...most of the time, but you never know from one day to the next. I know my daughter was really sweet until she got her license...so yes, until she was 16.

Yes, I took him and he said I was the best mom in the whole world. It really doesn't take that much to make kids happy.

Yeah, i think that's when my mean girl side came out...When i got my license and wanted a brand new 2008 tahoe and pitched a fit over the fact that i couldnt get one haha

Glad i matured over these past 2 years

and aww that was nice. What video game was it?

Upvote 0
He is eligible for an upgrade and with the current promo Verizon is offering, it's a good time to upgrade him to a smartphone. I don't know that I want to spend $150 on a phone for a kid though. I'm also not too crazy about the Droid 2. (no offense, we all have different taste) I love my Droid x and I like the look of the Incredible and the Fascinate.

Do you think that's too much phone for a 14 year old? Would you buy him the phone he wants or pick what we think would be the best phone for him?

If I were you I would give it to him on the condition you can put GPS child tracking software on it or at least use location basing software like Google Latitude.

Any form of improving his technological literacy is good for him in the long run. It would give him a competitive advantage in his education and in the workplace so its good to start early.

Just my opinion.

Upvote 0
When I was a teenager the most popular cell phone was the Dynatac.
Wow... look at what we have now.
The only people I saw carrying them were suits.

My parents were absolutely NOT giving me a Dynatac tho!
Yes, I did ask for one....... :D
My old man asked me what it was.......:eek:

When I was a teenager the best thing we could show off in school was our calculators.

Upvote 0
Age 14 for me, 1964, we only had one rotary phone in the house and it was on a party line with 6-7 neighbors.

how did those work lol

i went to my bisabuela(great-grandma) home the other week and she had one of those landline phones that you had to stick your finger in the circle and turn...

lmao took me a minute to figure it out, i got confused haha

Upvote 0
im 13 and i have droid 1 and i love it so much im running android 2.3.2 on it and its been overclocked and everything. reading this thread it makes me think im not old enough to have a good phone but i never put it down because i love it so much(literally) i neevr let it out of my sight and its the best thing i have ever bought :)

android ftw

Spoiled brat :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones