• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Outlook Sync

jweeks

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
This is probably been up many times but I am new here and haven't found the answer. I want to upgrade to a Android phone but have been told that there is no easy way to sync to Outlook on my desktop. Is it possible to do? Does it require third party software? Which ones are the best to use? Are some Android phones better at syncing than others? I use a stand alone version of Outlook on my desktop, not an exchange server and need to sync calendar and contacts. I am really not feeling the love of Googles solution and need to be able to easily sync regularily to my desktop Outlook. Any ideas or suggestions?

Google's Calendar Sync for the calendar. Not sure what people are using for contacts.

The Droid Eris (and maybe other HTCs, idk?) has a sync program from HTC on it.

The real answer is if Outlook is that important, you should get a WinMo phone or I guess a blackberry.

The most elegant solution is to use gmail and google calendar.

I could be wrong, but considering this has been covered ad nauseum, not sure you will get many replies. Try searching the forum on this topic, you might have better luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones