• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Oxygen 2.0 RC1 Gingerbread ROM Available

jay_kay

Android Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2010
Essex
Yeah but you seen the size difference between these two. Oxygen ROMs are always really nice and compact and I've been reading about that one being slow and laggy.

Not found anything on this one thats bothered me yet which is unusual cos I normally find something that bothers me even in the most stable ROMs.

Upvote 0
Apologies mate. First day back at work since having Flu and not coping too well!

I've been reading the Oxygen ROM thread all morning and that one was being slated so think I must have been taken in by all the crap.

Didn't actually realise it was RichardTrips ROM. I've nandroided back to Defrost 6.1a for now but as soon as they get the WiFi etc working 100% will be giving it a go.

Thanks for the up mate and sorry again :eek:

Upvote 0
I know what you mean. Was the same with the DHD ROMS when they were first released. Really wanted to try it but were too many issues for me. Thinking about it I've still not tried one of those ROMs. Don't use Sense anymore so not much point now :)

I'm holding off on the Data2SD for the moment as should be getting a class 6 card after xmas. From what I can gather there ain't much point if I'm using the class 2 that I got with the phone?

From the hour I used Gingerbread this morning I really liked it. Seemed really smooth, cleaner and had some nice touches. Not the complete overhaul some people were expecting but I liked it a lot. The screen off animation had me pressing the power button for about 5 minutes going Oooooooh!

I did notice a lot of that in Adam's thread but from being a big reader of Richards you don't see it directed back...Gonna stick with the Grownups :D

Upvote 0
haha yeah.

I put baadnwz's dhd rom on a mates desire yesterday. tell you what, it was really slick. But yeah, pointless if not using sense like us!

The gingerbread from RT is pure, non modified so I will just wait for defrost / cyanogen really.

I am thinking about putting that on my girls phone as she loves all the sense stuff and I feel bad since I put her on LP and just left it :D Might download that now and put it on there when I get home. Is it nice and stable now?

I've just put RT's GB on there and it seems even slicker than the Oxygen one if that's possible. Like you I am gonna wait until they have all the creases ironed out as there are a few tiny bugs in there.

Its looking good for some Gingerbread action in the next week or so though :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones