1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!
  2. We apologize for the disruption in email services! They are sending out now, but there is a backlog, so it may take a little time to catch up.

Support Pandora and IHeartRadio Issues On Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gamesetmatch4, Feb 26, 2012.

1. gamesetmatch4

gamesetmatch4 Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Hey everyone. I have a Samsung Galaxy II Skyrocket. I have problems with two apps - Pandora and IHeartRadio. I am on Wifi and it says it is at 5 mbps. I can't even get IHeartRadio to play a song after clicking on a station - it doesn't say buffering or anything. On Pandora, it plays a song for like 10-15 seconds then buffers, and so on. What can I do to fix this? I believe it works on my home wifi. I didn't know if it was the wifi connection causing the problem or what. Thanks

Advertisement

2. kellypatrick86

None

Jan 9, 2012
    Have u checked to see how fast your network is running? That could cause buffering problems, if its really slow. Speed test app from market

3. gamesetmatch4

gamesetmatch4 Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    I checked when I was at work and it was like 2.46 mbps upload and 2.76 mbps download. Is that slow? I can get TuneInRadio to work but not Pandora or IHeartRadio.

4. kellypatrick86

None

Jan 9, 2012
    That is rather slow, but not slow enough to make those apps unusable, i doubt. Is this ur work wifi? Some secure networks block privileges to certain things, i think by blocking specific ports

Edit
    I believe they do it to stop people from wasting bandwidth and time at work with dumb shit, lol

5. mrbigglesworth

None

Jan 15, 2012
    You can always uninstall the apps and then re install them. Just a suggestion but I would look into Last.fm

Its $3 a month to have on your phone but has a much better randomizer than Pandora and plays a much more accurate group of songs based on your band selection. Plus, no skip limits!

6. Reggie3

Reggie3 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Retired Project Manger -HP/Agilent
    Fort Collins CO
    I have both apps with no issues. I use them when I walk my dog. So I would follow the advice above and reinstall the apps. I would also check running the apps over ATT and then over wifi to see if there is a difference