• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pandora Bluetooth Streaming Issue

madaone

Dec 5, 2011
I looked around the forums and did not see a similar AWE related problem, so I hope this is a new topic. If not, I apologize.

I just picked up an Awe during VM's one day sale (I did not realize how much of an upgrade this phone is compared to my old Optimus Slider).

So far I have rooted the phone and installed CWM recovery.

All is good except that I can't get Pandora to stream via Bluetooth in my Ford Escape via SYNC.

I never had any issue with my Slider streaming Pandora with SYNC. With the Awe, I have successfully paired the unit to Ford SYNC. The phone works fine over Bluetooth as I can answer and call via SYNC.

SYNC indicates that it is paired with the AWE and I can choose Bluetooth audio stream as an input. If selected, SYNC seems to think it is connected to the AWE and streaming media via Bluetooth. However, the Pandora media stream only plays through the Awe's speakers.

I have noticed a couple of weird things. 1) If I look at the Bluetooth settings on the Awe, the media stream status says "pairing..." (or something like that) while the phone connection above says "connected"

2) I can control the Pandora app using the steering wheel buttons - specifically, I can skip a track using the FF button.

My guess it is some sort of pairing problem between the AWE and SYNC, any suggestions?

I have already deleted all Bluetooth phones from SYNC and paired the AWE several times, all with the same result.

Nope.

I recently installed AWE "L" and unpaired and repaired to see if there was any change. At first pair, all worked great and Bluetooth was working normally. I even turned the car off and on and it linked up and worked fine. However, the next day after a power down on the phone the media link would not work.

I should also note that at some point I installed CM11. While that ROM has some deal-breaker issues for me, I am pretty sure Bluetooth worked just fine.

I think it is a kernel issue.

Not having Bluetooth media is VERY inconvenient.

Upvote 0
Well I installed Spock's B07 stock update ROM and it fixed my Bluetooth streaming issue in my Ford Escape. My connection has worked for the last three days.

If you are on stock, take the new B07 update. If not, try Spock's Rom

A couple of times I got a "headset disconnected" message from Sync, but a bluetooth on/off toggle fixed it right away.

I must say that it is nice having Bluetooth back!

UPDATE: The connection is borked again. Weird. It worked fine for three days and today no joy. I can't get it working again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones