• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Password Lock Homescreen Itself

larrytxeast

Nov 3, 2011
I would like the means to be able to lock the homescreen of a Samsung Galaxy S3, but NOT at the "lockscreen" level.

The situation is that I have a mother-in-law who has a smartphone she can barely use, and as the unofficial "phone expert" of our family I have it set up a specific way, with Nova launcher, with specific dialing and GPS'ing shortcuts. Sometimes she will have a Verizon phone person add the minutes to her phone, which is prepaid, and they'll take it upon themselves to "clean up" her phone and remove such things.

I want it locked down to where they can't, yet WITHOUT it happening at the "lock screen" level.

Nova Launcher does have a "lock desktop" setting, but you can easily unlock it in the menus. I want something like that which is password protected.

Tips?

Reactions: funkylogik
When I saw your title I was ready to suggest Nova and it's lock desktop function but I see you're already aware of that.
Sorry but I know nothing of the sort but I'll be on the lookout.
In the meantime, make backups in Nova so you can easily restore it (and teach her how to restore it) :thumbsupdroid:

And tell her to tell that damn rep to leave her phone as it is, dammit. Do his job as asked and no more being a smartass!

Either that or if her carrier has a top-up site, link her bank card to that and teach her to add credit herself online

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones