• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Password Reset..how?

marzfel

Lurker
Dec 13, 2013
I keep getting this weird password field that I don't remember activating it..it has no I forgot password option or anything. And when I try any password in the hope of being reset through Gmail I only get "you have incorrectly typed your password X times try again in 30 seconds" Please help I cannot use my phone since this happened. And I don't wanna restore the factory settings.

Hey marzfel. That is a bummer. Way sorry to hear of your hassle. If it never asks for a gmail account info then it's not likely brought on by your phone. I've never heard of such but it leaves me to suspect a factory reset may be your only option. I would suggest you check out the discussion area for your phone and validate the password field you are seeing is not what should be seen on your phone before doing anything. There might be a fix out there as well.... something I am at a loss for however. Here is a link to all of the phone discussion areas: http://androidforums.com/android-phones/
Find your phone in that list and then give it a click to join your phone area. Ask in there for some assistance. Best of luck to you. I hope things can be set right without a complete reset. Thanks for using Android Forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones