• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Pattern Unlock question

xploPR

Android Expert
Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, VA.
I have my old optimus v, i decided to turn it back on, and i forgot my patern to unlock, and for some reason it wont unlock using my gmail credentials, i have to many stuff there that i dont want to lose, its theres away i could disable pattern unlock from recovery? with out losing any data?

please don't move the thread to optimus v forum, i think i could get more help here than over there :eek:

What sort of things do you want to keep? i'm not familiar with that phone, does it have an SD card? I can't think of too many things that are part of the data partition that I would need to keep, unless there's no external storage.

is the data partition encrypted? Would you be able to rip all the stuff you need?

Upvote 0
What sort of things do you want to keep? i'm not familiar with that phone, does it have an SD card? I can't think of too many things that are part of the data partition that I would need to keep, unless there's no external storage.

is the data partition encrypted? Would you be able to rip all the stuff you need?

Lol i just remembered the patern :smokingsomb:

Thanks all for joining me in this lil adventure

This thread could be deleted or closed, which ever is better :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones