• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PC connection

Franny39

Lurker
Nov 14, 2020
Hi
My UMI eMAX phone has always connected to my Pc OK & given access to all files, mostly stored on SD card.
Yesterday it connected OK, folders showed up but were empty. Checked folders using phones explorer & they are still there. Put SD directly into PC & no problems.
This is what I have tried so far without success.
Different cables.
Updated driver on PC (it was already up to date).
Connected phone to a laptop, same problem.
USB setting is on MTP, changed it to charge & the put back to MTP.
Cleared apps cache.
Now here is the odd thing. I took some photos, connected to PC & the new pics showed up but the 1000+ old ones that are on the SD card did not.
Any thoughts please?

Please keep us updated on the cooking....
Cooking update. Two chicken and mushroom pies for the freezer and smoked haddock with tomatoes & shallots tonight.
Phone update . Found another brain cell & recalled an error message when I last put the SD into the PC. Scanned and fixed whatever the problem was. Back in business..
You might be able to assist with this. I was thinking that this phone which is on Android 4.4.4 needed replacing, any suggestions? Similar to this but more up to date. ie. mid range phone.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones