• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PdaNet & iTouch

iEricKim

Jul 30, 2010
Is PdaNet able to let my 3rd gen iTouch access the internet? Do I have to purchase the full version for wireless access? I've been searching around for this answer and it seems that I need a USB connection or a Bluetooth DUN(idk what that is) connection. Will my iTouch be able to have full access to the internet if I purchase the full version of PdaNet for my HTC Hero on the Sprint Network?

the ipod touch does not have bluetooth.

-Damien

So that means I have the only ipod touch with bluetooth then or what? All second gen and later ipod touches have bluetooth. It was always there and just not functional until apple released a software update that enabled it. Look it up on google and read for yourself.

Reactions: Damien and iEricKim
Upvote 0
So that means I have the only ipod touch with bluetooth then or what? All second gen and later ipod touches have bluetooth. It was always there and just not functional until apple released a software update that enabled it. Look it up on google and read for yourself.
Whoa what! Lol. I should have checked. But my HTC Hero doesn't have Android 2.0 or higher. PdaNet can't be enabled on my phone. :/ Is there a way around this? Can I get Android 2.0 on my phone somehow?

Upvote 0
First of all, for PDANet to work, it needs to be installed on the "sending" device, and the "receiving" device. (i.e. Phone and laptop). There is no iTouch "receiving" app for PDANet, so the answer is no for your question.

You can root your phone to load a 2.0 or higher ROM on your device. If your next question is: "What is root and how do I do it?" then just assume you will not be doing it.

Upvote 0
First of all, for PDANet to work, it needs to be installed on the "sending" device, and the "receiving" device. (i.e. Phone and laptop). There is no iTouch "receiving" app for PDANet, so the answer is no for your question.

You can root your phone to load a 2.0 or higher ROM on your device. If your next question is: "What is root and how do I do it?" then just assume you will not be doing it.

Okay. Anyways, if i root my Sprint HTC Hero, PdaNet won't even be necessary because I'll be able to broadcast a WiFi signal usable by my laptop or iTouch, correct?

Upvote 0
the ipod touch does not have bluetooth.

-Damien

You're wrong. It does have bluetooth. I've got one and can vouch for that. You can use it with a pair of bluetooth headphones if you want to.

Anyway, PDA net does you no good with an iTouch. You have to jailbreak it to use it first of all. Second of all, the iTouch has built in wireless capabilities so if you've got wi-fi, you don't need PDA net. And if you've got wi-fi on your iTouch, you can easily connect your computer to it.

Reactions: Damien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones