• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories pebble charger let me down big time

jaybo1973

Android Expert
Aug 27, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Hi

I purchased the pebble charger mainly for outdoor activities such as hiking and cycling.

I have been up to the Yorkshire dales this weekend to go walking in the mountains. We always do the same walk year after year but because of weather conditions, we walked a different route. I relied heavily on my desire and the maverick navigation app, they worked great until my battery got low. i pulled out my pebble, plugged it in and off we went. After a couple of miles, I pulled the devices back out and the desire was dead. i booted the pebble back up (still on full charge) plugged it back in and nothing, couldnt get it to work. All the connections seem very poor. I left it and carried on without, good job we knew the area. got back to the bunk house and still no luck. Back home today all seems fine although moving the cables does seem to cause issues. This is no good to me. Could it have been the very cold tempreture? or is it just s%&t when on the move?

For fast charging you need a HTC-coded USB cable.
If you have the HTC car charger (HTC CC C200) you have such a cable already.
Use this cable from the C200 with your Pepple and you should your Desire fast charging :)

Harry

I don't have a car charger. Can you buy such a cable? I should not have to really though. The pebble cable should fit better

Upvote 0
HTC doesn't sell this cable without its charge car adapter :(

Some people was lucky to buy a no-name USB cable (without data wires) with this coding.
Unfortunately you dont't see this coding on the cable.
Only when you charge your phone with it you will realize the difference to a standard USB cable.

EDIT: In this thread a guy bought such a coded no-name USB cable ...
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-support-troubleshooting/225608-droid-charging-usb-2-0-a.html

Harry

Upvote 0
HTC doesn't sell this cable without its charge car adapter :(

Some people was lucky to buy a no-name USB cable (without data wires) with this coding.
Unfortunately you dont't see this coding on the cable.
Only when you charge your phone with it you will realize the difference to a standard USB cable.

EDIT: In this thread a guy bought such a USB cable.

Harry

the one with pebble does it.shutw mine is faulty

Upvote 0
the one with pebble does it.shutw mine is faulty

The cable with the pepple has a adapter with a mico USB connector, right?
In this adapter is this coding for fast charging.

The USB cable with your Desire isn't faulty. It is a standard USB cable without this coding.
Only a pure charging cable can has this coding.

EDIT: Standard USB cable has data wires for the communication with the PC.
It cannot has this coding.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones