• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

people search showing 20+ of the same person

Blutz18

Feb 20, 2010
Hello

Yesterday i noticed when I tried to call someone on my people search list it showed their names 20+. When I cliked on the name it showed no information. When I scrolled down to the bottom of the list of 20 names it had their facebook link with the phone number but I had to scroll all the way to the bottom to find it.

When I looked through all of the people search I noticed about 10 people that had this issue. Any idea's on what I might have done to cause this or how I might be able to fix it ?

Thank You

Are you using an HTC phone? I had this problem but found the solution.

If you have HTC sync you'r contact photos, AND Facebook's updated app sync the photo's it will cause this conflict. After messing around I found this.

Turn off contact sync in Facebook settings and then go to each contact that has the problem, click the 'link' button. and unlink all those blank links. Then hit clear 'selections' and hit 'ok'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones