• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phiremod test build available based on Nightly 101

colchiro

Extreme Android User
Jun 4, 2010
[ROM][May 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.3 <<< | TEST Build Available - xda-developers

I have not tried this. :D

Phiremod said:
New test build available. Based on Nightly 101. Advanced users only!

Get it here!

Nightly 101 is yesterday's test build. It's got good ratings (as did #93 & #95), is based on the new kernel and has decent sleep battery life. Don't flash if you don't know how to backup and restore from recovery. :D

Apparently you also need to flash Google Apps right after the rom, before rebooting.

I loaded this last night. I notice that I can now only overclock to 925 MHz, whereas before, it would go up to 1300. What's up with that?

Also, I now have the issue everyone keeps talking about where my audio output isn't loud enough. I was fine forever, but now, cranked all the way up is just loud enough when listening through the line-in in my car.

Upvote 0
I loaded this last night. I notice that I can now only overclock to 925 MHz, whereas before, it would go up to 1300. What's up with that?

Also, I now have the issue everyone keeps talking about where my audio output isn't loud enough. I was fine forever, but now, cranked all the way up is just loud enough when listening through the line-in in my car.

The test build is based on a newer kernel than the last stable build of Phiremod. Just a guess, but you'll likely need Dalingrin's latest kernels to overclock.

And if that's the case, you can use Dalingrin's Nook Tweaks from marketplace to adjust the low volume.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones