• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

phone bumpers for SGS2

do people think that the case-mate barely there cases are good against a fall?
i had one on my htc desire before and its super thin, which is great, but not sure how it is against a fall from 1.5m to concrete.

any experiences?

as a sidenote, my wife dropped here htc desire from 1m to some concrete and the screen split all to shit. at least its here work phone and they will replace it. but still!!!

Upvote 0
do people think that the case-mate barely there cases are good against a fall?
i had one on my htc desire before and its super thin, which is great, but not sure how it is against a fall from 1.5m to concrete.

any experiences?

as a sidenote, my wife dropped here htc desire from 1m to some concrete and the screen split all to shit. at least its here work phone and they will replace it. but still!!!

uh no lol i would not recommend one if you drop stuff often. to date, i haven't dropped my Evo one single time and i've had it since launch. i like that particular case specifically because it's so thin.

if you drop something often, i'd recommend the Commuter case from Otterbox or the Tough case from case-mate. both are made up of two pieces that help protect the phone very well. a company called Incipio also makes one. out of those 3 companies, one of them is going to likely have the two part case. in some instances all 3 will carry it for your phone.

Upvote 0
thanks for that, good specifics.

i don't drop things often BUT on the one day that i do drop a near-thousand-dollar-phone, i would hate it if the case i chose didn't really work as i think it should.

i think many cases offer a false sense of security to people but i really don't have anything to back that up, just my personal opinion.

is there any site that does tests with different cases? ie, dropping them and seeing if damage occurs?

i highly doubt a case company will replace my phone if i call them up and say, 'i dropped my phone with your case on it but it still broke so u owe me a new phone'

Upvote 0
Also, if you are going to hate Apple, try not to alienate people who are trying to come over to Android. Sometimes you wonder who is the truly stuck up fanbase.

Well said chocobosandwich.

Each person makes their own choice of phone and there is no reason why we should care what choice other people make or why, much less be rude to them about it.

Upvote 0
thanks for that, good specifics.

i don't drop things often BUT on the one day that i do drop a near-thousand-dollar-phone, i would hate it if the case i chose didn't really work as i think it should.

i think many cases offer a false sense of security to people but i really don't have anything to back that up, just my personal opinion.

is there any site that does tests with different cases? ie, dropping them and seeing if damage occurs?

i highly doubt a case company will replace my phone if i call them up and say, 'i dropped my phone with your case on it but it still broke so u owe me a new phone'

you may be able to find a review of some cases on different phones by users. i doubt a company would actually make a vid of them testing their case on a phone for legal reasons.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't know. Not there one moment, there the next. I didn't drop it or throw it around or use it to practise skipping stones on. I possibly had my car keys in the same pocket...

:eek: car keys may be the culprit!

yeah that scares me... being in a situation like that. having nothing on it and it being all nice one second and then all of a sudden...BAM! there's a tiny scratch. i was thinking Gorilla glass would be okay but upon second thought... nope. screen protector ftw.

none of that would matter to me of course if i didn't always re-sell my devices in excellent condition. if only i were a millionaire haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones