• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone can't find any Wi-Fi

Agmeuz

Lurker
Aug 29, 2015
Hello, this is my first time on the forum, and I have this problem. I have looked through some posts and couldn't find anything like my problem (sorry if there is one, but I couldn't find it).

My Nexus 4 is rooted, with Stock Rom and Stock Kernel (I was using Hellscore before, but switched to stock to try to fix this problem).

What happens is that my android tells me that there is a open wifi available, but nothing shows on the list. The only way I can connect to unknown networks is manually adding them or using a third party app.

Can you guys help me?

Hello, this is my first time on the forum, and I have this problem. I have looked through some posts and couldn't find anything like my problem (sorry if there is one, but I couldn't find it).

My Nexus 4 is rooted, with Stock Rom and Stock Kernel (I was using Hellscore before, but switched to stock to try to fix this problem).

What happens is that my android tells me that there is a open wifi available, but nothing shows on the list. The only way I can connect to unknown networks is manually adding them or using a third party app.

Can you guys help me?
Android version?

Got any wifi apps installed that might find the wifi?

Upvote 0
Android version?

Got any wifi apps installed that might find the wifi?

I'm using 4.4.4 with the stock KTU84P Kernel. The only way I can see and connect to WiFis is using the WiFi Manager App from roamingsoft.

Your best bet may be to reflash the factory image to get your phone back to a 100% known state. When you've rooted and flashed kernels it's kind of hard to know what pieces may have been touched.

By reflashing the factory image you mean the stock kernel, do a factory reset or both?

Thanks for the answers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones