• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

kayzorrr

Lurker
May 19, 2012
Does anyone know where I can make a customized phone case for the Samsung Captivate Glide? I've looked everywhere and can't find a site that has the Captivate Glide in their options. Or, if not customized, does anyone know a good site to find decent looking phone cases?

I bought my case from Amazon.com. Initially, I was trying to find an Otter case but no luck there, so I decided to get something that'll take the brunt of a drop even if it means the case breaks -- as long as my phone doesn't. LoL

I'm at work (pretending to work LoL) or else I'd post a link for you... maybe when I get home I'll be able to do so. I do recall that the case maker was "wirester" on Amazon, and it's black with 1 huge blue flower design thingy on it & some splat-like blue color to the black as well. (I like blue, but I wanted it to be girly blue, not manly blue. LOL)

The only prob is you can't really feel the cases online to see if it's got enough grip for you. They have some of the rubber ones & such, but in my situation, the backing of the Glide is too bumpy/rough so I wanted less of that. I have no discernible fingerprints which leads to me, dropping the phone a lot despite the bumpy/rough backing on the Glide. The phone also feels a bit light to me, as I'm used to my former phone, a smaller but substantial-weight-feel of the Blackberry Torch 9800. Getting a smooth case for my hands to "stick" to (like suction cups) works better for me than the overly bumpy/rough backing on the Glide. LoL

I like that the case cutouts keep me from accidentally pressing the volume rocker & mucking up the camera lens all the time because the cutouts are deep enough, but still easy to access the buttons when I need them. The cutouts line up well -- it also has speaker cutouts so the sound isn't so muffled, & the case covers all around the edges aside for the cutouts.

The case does slow the physical keyboard down a li'l, which is fine by me because now it's not forcefully sliding & making the phone jump out of my small hands. The case also adds a li'l bulk to the phone, but again, that's not really a complaint of mine because it gives me more surface width to grip & it feels less like a toy waiting to be flung & broken.

I haven't dropped the phone since I got the case, so I guess it's doing its job as I intended, which is to protect the phone from my klutziness. ;) Good luck with your search! Make sure you post where you do get a case from, so the rest of us Glide owners can add it to our list of options.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones