• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone freezes while accepting calls

Hey Folks,
Anybody experiencing screen freeze issue while accepting calls please help me. My phone freezes when I attempt to accept or decline or ignore certain incoming calls.
Bit more insight:
1. This behavior is consistent whenever I receive calls from an iphone (t-mobile provider) PS - If I am really quick at accepting the call it works sometimes.
2. The only way for me to get out of this is to remove & insert the SD card.
3. Some times reinserting SD card does not work than I simply connect the phone to my computer than screen shows up or remove insert the battery.
4. I have sent the error logs to HTC numerous times, but no help so far :(
5. Please do not suggest factory reset
6. I have been experiencing this problem since I replaced the default 2GB SD card with 32GB SD card.

Phone details
Name - HTC Desire S
Android version - 2.3.5
HTC sense version - 3.0
software number - 2.10.161.3
Display - 3.7 WVGA

Any pointers in right direction would be appreciated.

Welcome to AF! :)

Where did you get the 32GB SD Card? I ask because there are loads of fakes floating around which can degrade phone performance.

Also, there was a bug in the 2.3.5 upgrade on the Desire HD which sounds very similar to what you're experiencing. It was cleared by unlinking the facebook account from the handset, then re adding. Obviously moot if you're not linked to facebook.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones