• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone goes into deep sleep?

racerxe24

Oct 29, 2009
Mississippi
When my phone is not in use, ie just sitting there on my desk during the day, the wifi turns off and I get no data. Therefore I get no e-mail. I still get texts and phone calls. Also any app that uses data will error out. When I wake my phone up to check on something I have to wait for wifi to reenable. Does anybody have this problem?

Uh oh. I just posted a new thread asking if this problem existed in the DNA like it does in other recent HTC phones. I have the exact issue with my Inc4G. It's a stupid "feature". HTC says it's by design to save power.

The work around (at least for me and my Inc4G) is an app called REGPON wifi KeepAlive. IT works, but annoying to have to run an app to fix what shouldn't be broken.

EDIT: My issue is slightly different. My wifi stays connected, but won't send or receive any data. Maybe it's a different issue (I sure hope so).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones