• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone keeps asking me to install an OTA update I already installed

Cyber Akuma

Apr 5, 2013
So, I have a Sprint HTC 10. It was rooted, and then an OTA update came out about a week or so ago, version 1.80.651.10.

I unrooted and installed it, since I have TWRP it seems to take over the install process, but more or less does install it correctly.

Once my phone rebooted, it complained that the download was corrupt like it always does (likely due to TWRP) but this has happened before and the update always actually does install successfully. Going to system settings I can confirm that I am on version 1.80.651.10.

However, this time, it seems hell-bent on assuming that the update didn't install. It keeps putting an update notification in the notification bar that refuses to go away. If I go to check for updates, it confirms that I am up to date and the notification disappears.... for a short while, but then appears again asking me to install the update.

How can I get rid of this annoying thing? I haven't even gotten around to re-rooting my phone yet, as been confirmed by root and safetynet checkers, the ROM is basically at stock right now.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones