1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone Quality/Originality.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by charlington, Jan 30, 2016.

1. charlington

charlington Well-Known Member

Hi. Does it mean:
    a) phones listed on GSMArena.com are the only internationally recognized/original phones?

b) China made phones are not listed on this site does that mean that they are not original or are of inferior quality?

c) Tecno mobile phones and smart phones made in China are they original/ internationally recognized devices?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

GSMArena devices are devices that are from major manufacturers. Asus, Lenovo, Huawei and ZTE are China made and appear on GSMArena. However, smaller manufacturers do not publish much details on their devices, and typically do not reach GSMArena offices in Europe.

tube517, Mikestony and mikedt like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I never come across Tecno phones in China. Are they an importer that brands whatever stuff they can source, in which case may not be covered by GSM Arena.

4. charlington

Tecno phones are very very common and very very famous nowadays in third world countries. it's indicated made in China, in their parkage and device. They also are producing expensive good smart phones.

5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Their website needs some work:
    Every link on the top of the page is inactive/broken,just refreshes back to the splash/home page.....................

6. charlington

@ KOLIO what do you really mean???

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Means can't find any real information about their devices and seems very unprofessional. To contact them, it looks like anonymous webform or Facebook only. Again very amateurish and unprofessional.

How do I find if their phones will work with Verizon or something?

8. charlington

This why at the beginning I was wondering can't this phone company. it's devices are never listed on GSMarena, it's Tecno mobile. Their devices are very very common and very very popular.
    Try searching tecno mobile

9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I did, apparently they're in Nigeria, but not exactly famous anywhere else AFAICT. If they're not available in EU or US, probably won't be covered by GSM Arena.

KOLIO likes this.
  10. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

^^^^^^
    This.
    This statement does not mean the devices aren't popular,just not popular everywhere.
    In the sea of mfgs,a small percentage have a sizeable market share worldwide.
    China is a vast market,but,if memory serves me well,a lot of the devices/mfgs are region specific within China,never seing the light of day outside of China.
    This particular brand seems to follow this,targeted to specific regions,otherwise,I believe we'd see more discussions here & @ XDA:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/sitesearch.php?q=tecno h5

Not a lot on the brand in either site.

Seems this is by design,why Tecno is & probably will be solely targeted to African countries/markets:
    http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/...explains-why-it-only-does-business-in-africa/

Guessing the devices wouldn't be compatible with markets outside of the targeted area,otherwise,I believe there would be some measure of interest elsewhere.

mikedt likes this.
  11. charlington

Can someone please suggest to me An Alcatel Android Smart phone PRICE LESS THAN $101 with the following features: Dual SIM, 5MP back camera, SD slot, VERY high WIFI connectivity. It should be popular and readily available in the market in third world countries.

12. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

Use this to check any mfgs models available/compatibility with the areas you're interested in:
    http://www.willmyphonework.net/

Your request is too vague to pinpoint exact model/location compatibility & quite frankly,I'm not into playing "Guess what you want".

13. charlington

@KOLIO, Thanks that is a good answer. In your previous conversation you talked about something to do with region based. Does that imply my Tecno M3 Smart phone, not covered by gsm won't work when I'm abroad? ie America or Europe.

14. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

We have no idea,the TECNO site doesn't even list the technical data to make that determination...............
    My guess would be it would work for phone calls at a minimum,anything else(3G/4G),without some data on the phone specifications,I really can't say.My gut says no,not outside of the area intended for.

15. charlington

Hi. I came cross an android by name Lenovo A1000 at GSMARENA, I guess it's better that my current Tecno M3, which is slow in WIFI connectivity,
    Can someone advise on this device in terms of WIFI connectivity.

www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_a1000-7605.php