• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone switches off automatically after 5 minutes

It seems to be getting hot and yes we did a factory reset. I in a new Samsung but is certain it's a counterfeit because it is made in Korea and assembled in Vietnam. Should be made in Japan as far as I understand it. Am I right?
As long as it's South Korea(ROK), and not North Korea(DPRK), it should be genuine.

If it's a new phone and it's getting hot and acting wonky, even after resetting it, could be faulty. Suggest returning it under warranty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The model is Samsung S3 GT19300. Just getting back to the battery. Just seen a video on utube what to look for in a genuine Samsubg cell battery. On a fake the following is noticeable. One, peel the cover away and it shines like aluminium. Two, peel it further and the metal looks "rough". On a genuine there is written "Made in Japan". Three, peel right off and on the other side you find a dark coloured plastic sheet stuck to make the bat. the same thickness as original. Do you agree on this? If not, what would you say the diff. is between the gen. and a fake. Appreciate your responses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones