• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Turning Itself On?

kes601

Nov 9, 2009
We got my boss a new Droid Pro. He is turning it off at night and not plugging it in, however when he gets up in the morning the phone has turned itself on.

I know that it is supposed to come on if you are charging it, however this is not the case with him, he turns it off and leaves it unplugged.

Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem. On my SECOND Pro (first one lost use of the speaker--no rings, no speakerphone) and this one was recently "upgraded" to Android 2.3.3.

I'll shut the phone off and it'll start itself up again, out of the blue. Most annoying.

Not sure what to do. When I bought the first one in Nov '10, I wanted to give Motorola and Android a chance, but these hassles are unacceptable. Am now seriously thinking about an iPhone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones