• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Update MS77010e update just released!!

So my phone updated OTA to firmware E. I noticed a couple users here have reported problems with tethering with the new update and I wanted to know if that is an official change with this new firmware. Also, I haven't noticed any significant difference in battery life with the E firmware and I did notice that the Emergency Alert SMS app seems to be gone after updating as well.

Upvote 0
Was on aokp, downgraded to version d to do the update. Got stuck in bootloop, used the un-brick guide for the version e update, bootlooped again. Tried installing the lg support tool, it force updated my drivers and now it won't let me connect my phone. deleted drivers and tried reinstalling the old drivers, keeps saying that newer drivers are installed.

Now I have to replace a desktop computer and a door....fuuuuuuuuuuuu

Upvote 0
Was on aokp, downgraded to version d to do the update. Got stuck in bootloop, used the un-brick guide for the version e update, bootlooped again. Tried installing the lg support tool, it force updated my drivers and now it won't let me connect my phone. deleted drivers and tried reinstalling the old drivers, keeps saying that newer drivers are installed.

Now I have to replace a desktop computer and a door....fuuuuuuuuuuuu

You have to factory reset...
It is a rule with LG phones, the rule is if you're running CM/AOKP/AOSP/anything other than stock and you flash LG firmware, you MUST factory reset.

Upvote 0
So my phone updated OTA to firmware E. I noticed a couple users here have reported problems with tethering with the new update and I wanted to know if that is an official change with this new firmware. Also, I haven't noticed any significant difference in battery life with the E firmware and I did notice that the Emergency Alert SMS app seems to be gone after updating as well.

Look in your messaging settings
Screenshot_2013-02-01-19-19-34.png

Reactions: sammyz
Upvote 0
okay so me and my wife have both lg motions and we r both rooted and we updated thru wifi to c firmware in no time from c firmware and my phone worked okay, but i gotta say my music player volume is lower p[lus my antutu benchmarks scores r lower thaN c firmware same with my wife phone, on c we got about 13100 score and on e about 12900 score, and also my wife try to use some apps and play tetris and right after almost the update that crappy software made her phone just lock up screen would split into like 3 parts and unable to open any apps if she did it just lock up plus on top of that the picture she took were just black when opened,but when zooming in into tghe taken picture it would start to show ok weird software so we just both went back to c and to be honest i had the e version for a few days and battery life to me was pretty much the same just my 10cents on e firmware

Upvote 0
okay so me and my wife have both lg motions and we r both rooted and we updated thru wifi to c firmware in no time from c firmware and my phone worked okay, but i gotta say my music player volume is lower p[lus my antutu benchmarks scores r lower thaN c firmware same with my wife phone, on c we got about 13100 score and on e about 12900 score, and also my wife try to use some apps and play tetris and right after almost the update that crappy software made her phone just lock up screen would split into like 3 parts and unable to open any apps if she did it just lock up plus on top of that the picture she took were just black when opened,but when zooming in into tghe taken picture it would start to show ok weird software so we just both went back to c and to be honest i had the e version for a few days and battery life to me was pretty much the same just my 10cents on e firmware

Don't focus on benchmarks so much and 200 difference out of 13k isn't important.

Upvote 0
k I just rooted so I could install this theme or ROM. After I rooted my phone is no completely laggy and not touch responsive ( when I type, open apps, and opening app drawer). I have no idea what's happening any ideas on what I need to do!!!!! I am on e version and its usually not like this. Usually my Motion is fast touch responsively and quick. Help!!!

Upvote 0
k I just rooted so I could install this theme or ROM. After I rooted my phone is no completely laggy and not touch responsive ( when I type, open apps, and opening app drawer). I have no idea what's happening any ideas on what I need to do!!!!! I am on e version and its usually not like this. Usually my Motion is fast touch responsively and quick. Help!!!

Reroot by running the .bat file and don't touch that app "systembackuptest" again!! :)

Upvote 0
Ok I just rooted so I could install this theme or ROM. After I rooted my phone is no completely laggy and not touch responsive ( when I type, open apps, and opening app drawer). I have no idea what's happening any ideas on what I need to do!!!!! I am on e version and its usually not like this. Usually my Motion is fast touch responsively and quick. Help!!!

Use the unbrick guide to get back to version C or D....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones