• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phonedog - First Impressions

Just read this over on PhoneDog.
They seem to think that the Rezound is a little sluggish and that the Razr is faster.
For those of you that have purchased / have the Rezound, what are your thoughts on sluggishness?

HTC Rezound First Impressions | PhoneDog

They're both a bit sluggish to be honest.

My Bionic is faster at doing just about everything.

Upvote 0
The Razr and Rezound seemed to be the same to me (zippy). I experience lag using all Android devices and iOS, so do not expect lag to never happen.

Depends on the apps open, social apps in the background, live wallpapers, etc. The Dalvik byte code layer and SoC design are not exactly broad data bus friendly functions ;) The main intent is stability (byte code layer) and power efficiency (SoC data bus design).

Upvote 0
They seem about the same to me, both are plenty quick for most users. Coming from an Eris, this thing is lightening fast.

Both devices have a 'skin', so I wonder if the Nexus would be quicker, being without the extra layer. Then again, it has a UI as well (obviously), so may be about the same.

In my opinion, both are plenty fast for the vast majority of users. And the data speeds are amazing. We have an N router at home, and the wireless seems at least as quick as the 4g. Pretty stunning.

Upvote 0
It's so weird to me how even electronics can be subjective. On first thought you'd think it's a scientific thing so it should be a constant but nope. What I'm getting at is the phonedog review is the only review I've read that said the Rezound(yes I finally gave in to the name and said F it!) was somewhat sluggish at times. I mean all smartphones will hit a speed bump from time to time but in the review I got the feeling he was saying it was a semi constant thing for him. Now to make things even more odd the next day ZDNet put a review out on the phone and the thing he repeated over and over again was how "snappy"(his words) the Rezound was and how there is nothing about the Rezound that isn't "as fast as it can be"(again his words). It's like huh? How can there be such opposite reviews on the same piece of tech....arghhhh!

Upvote 0
yeah, i mean i can see the sluggishness when typing on the stock keyboard, def. i was always a person who notices any keyboard lag on my eris, inc and now rezound, and i've got to say, sometimes htere is a small bit of keyboard lag. yeah, it sucks, but it generally types exactly what i want and the lag doesn't affect what letters i hit. sense 3.5 is a hog, period. the bloatware is a hog. my task killer shows free memory to be around 140mb most of hte time, even hitting as low as 120...which is crazy since it's saying 700something megs of memory are being used up! haha so yeah, the bloatware really kills it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones