1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Photo Help Needed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UKBaros, Jan 8, 2014.

1. UKBaros

UKBaros Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2014
    Hiya,

I own a Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5930i. When I used to take photos, they would automatically show in my gallery. However I have noticed that they no longer show in the gallery and they go straight into my files. I have also noticed that some of my older photos no longer show in the gallery, but they do in my files.

I have tried searching for advice, but all the questions seem to ask about transferring photos to the 'my files'. I want to know why it does it automatically and all of a sudden.

I am wondering if I have somehow done something to my phone and if so, what have I done?

Thank you

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Sounds as if you've disabled media scan. Every time you take a picture, the phone does a media scan, which slows things down. A lot of people disable it to speed it up, then wonder why it isn't running. If the phone can't scan for media, it doesn't know that any changes were made to media.

3. UKBaros

UKBaros Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2014
    Thank you :)
    How do you enable media scan? I have not had this phone for long, so I am still trying to get to grips with it.

4. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Delhi
    Dismount sd card from settings and then mount it again, that triggers a media scan, if its a problem with media scan then your pictures will show in the gallery after the scan is completed.
    Otherwise it could be an sd card problem. Just in case backup all your sd card files on a computer in case the card gets corrupted.