• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pictures won't save to SD card

jinxxycat

Apr 21, 2011
I think I'm pretty good at figuring stuff like this out. I did look at all the threads that I could before I posted this question. I can't get the pictures to save to the sd card instead of the camera memory. The setting is set to save to sd card but it doesn't. I have tried the following:

unmount sd card
click card out and click card back in
reboot
under camera settings changed to save to phone
reboot
under camera settings changed BACK to sd card
reboot
take test pics

Upon plugging into PC the pictures I took prior to this problem are listed under K drive, DCIM, 100 media. The pictures I took AFTER this problem are listed under L drive, DCIM, 100 media. If I am correct the pictures in K are the pics stored on the card, the pictures in L are on the phone.

I would really like to have them saved to the sd card in case the phone blows up, lol, I take lots of pics of my son.

Any idea or suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks very much.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones