• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pixel 3 - Lost all internet connection ability after update

MrDrProfMD

Lurker
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, I have a Pixel 3 that has been working great up until 2 days ago, when the most recent Android 10 update was released: 10.0.0 (QQ1A.200105.003, Jan 2020, TMO/Fi)

The problem is that the phone lost it's ability to connect to internet in any way, both WiFi and mobile data.
These are the ways I have tried to connect to the internet:
1. PC as WiFi hotspot
2. Share internet over PC Bluetooth
3. USB reverse tethering

I have tried the following trouble shooting steps:
1. Restart device
2. Reset internet settings (resets all WiFi, Mobile data, and Bluetooth settings)
3. Factory reset phone
4. Factory flash to Android 10 update in December (Using this method: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how...actory-images-android-using-fastboot-0175277/, and factory image "10.0.0 (QQ1A.191205.008, Dec 2019)")
5. Factory flash to Android 9 from August (Using same method and factory image: "9.0.0 (PQ3A.190801.002, Aug 2019)"

I have not been able to find any threads for this problem specifically, so to me it seems very likely this is just a hardware issue and that I am the unlucky one to experience it :/

I have ordered a replacement phone, but it won't come until next week so I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to Android Forums. Your Pixel acts as if the IMEI has been blacklisted. I can't imagine the update causing such but I can't imagine a hardware failure coinciding with the update either. I hope that you enjoy your new phone.

Thanks for your response. Is there any reason my phone would randomly be put on an IMEI blacklist?

Another thing I should add is that I am living in Germany. I got the phone with Google Fi, which I still have and just pause the service. I have an eSIM for Google Fi and an eSIM for Telekom here in Germany. Is it possible that having two eSIMs caused the problem?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones