• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pixel XL & Bluetooth issues?

Ncage1974

Mar 22, 2010
I was having battery issues with my nexus 6p so i needed a phone now and i got a heck of a deal on a pixel xl off of the play store. I've heard lots of stories about people having bluetooth connection issues with the pixel xl phones. I'm hoping that either that this issue isn't widespread where if you have a pixel xl phone then you will be affected or its a hardware issue that will NEVER be fixed with a software patch from google. I do realize the pixel xl 2 is just about to be announced but i couldn't wait. I don't know if this matters but i just ordered it off the play store today so i don't know if google has resolved the issue with later builds. I've very concerned with this issue because i use bluetooth all the time. Its one of my main use cases for the phone. I'm hoping someone has some good news for me

From what I've gathered, the reported Bluetooth issues seem to be somewhat hit-or-miss, and also extremely dependent upon the specific Bluetooth devices in use. Most users don't have a problem, but many do unfortunately run into issues with certain accessories.

There has also been a recurrence of reported Bluetooth problems following the release of Android 8.0 (as with 7.1.2 before it), but I know the team is hard at work resolving those.

Reactions: Ncage1974
Upvote 0
From what I've gathered, the reported Bluetooth issues seem to be somewhat hit-or-miss, and also extremely dependent upon the specific Bluetooth devices in use. Most users don't have a problem, but many do unfortunately run into issues with certain accessories.

There has also been a recurrence of reported Bluetooth problems following the release of Android 8.0 (as with 7.1.2 before it), but I know the team is hard at work resolving those.

Thanks codesplice for the reply. Ya i'm keeping my fingers crossed. I rely on bluetooth daily and i could not live with crappy bluetooth. What really got me concerned what this video:

granted this was about 9 months ago but they guy got 3 pixels and they all had the issue. As you could tell he was able to block bluetooth by just covering the glass area in the back of the phone with his hand. since it was 9 months ago google/htc could have had a new hardware revision that fixed the issue. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Granted i have a 6p right now and i don't think google has ever did an awesome job on the bluetooth front. The 6p is ok on the bluetooth end but not great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones