• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Planning on getting an Evo have questions about sprint

mistax

May 2, 2010
So im planning on getting an evo for myself over the summer with a 69.99 everything and 450minute since it almost unlimited calling too, but the issue i have here is my parent do not use internet/text/ or basically anything on the phone beside calling people so switching to the sprint everything family i would be paying about 130-150 a month which is 40-60 more than what im paying for my Iphone and my parent 2x line our family plann with 1800 rollover minutes. Its still comes to about 120 i believe if i do sprint and att as its 59.99 for them and 69.99 for me. So i was wondering if i should move my parent to a Prepaid plan since they only use their phone for calling, or split it on two carriers.

First off, how old are you? Based on your grammar, I would say pretty young. But if you are old enough, why not just get your own plan? It will help you build credit and allow you to get the plan you want. IMO, the Evo is pretty useless without a data plan. That would be like buying a Ferrari and never taking it out of first gear.

Upvote 0
So im planning on getting an evo for myself over the summer with a 69.99 everything and 450minute since it almost unlimited calling too, but the issue i have here is my parent do not use internet/text/ or basically anything on the phone beside calling people so switching to the sprint everything family i would be paying about 130-150 a month which is 40-60 more than what im paying for my Iphone and my parent 2x line our family plann with 1800 rollover minutes. Its still comes to about 120 i believe if i do sprint and att as its 59.99 for them and 69.99 for me. So i was wondering if i should move my parent to a Prepaid plan since they only use their phone for calling, or split it on two carriers.

Honestly the best option may be to have two separate bills. You could have your line on the simple everything plan and they could be on the "Talk" plan with 450 minutes for $40, or the "Basic" plan with 200 minutes for "$29.99". Not sure how big of talkers they are.

Pre-paid is another option, and Sprint is supposed to add that into their services sometime soon. But Tracfone is good enough.

Upvote 0
First check and see if you get a Discount for Sprint off your bill if you do not get a family plan with this plan.

www.sprint.com/everythingplus

Email: russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com
Last 3 digits of employee ID: 383

3 Lines with everything

109.99 + 14.99 thats for all three lines

Everything Plus™ Data Family - with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM

Introducing Any Mobile, Anytime, forget about restrictive calling circles. Our Everything Data plans give you unlimited data, messages and calls to any mobile, anytime while on the Sprint Network. That’s access to over 250 million U.S. mobile phones nationwide.
This plan includes

• Any Mobile, Anytime: Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S. mobile phone regardless of carrier. Any network, any time.
  • Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Sprint TV and Radio, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
  • Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
  • Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
  • Lines 1-2 included. Lines 3-5 are $14.99/mo./line

My parents use the GPS all the time in the plan

Upvote 0
First off don't use that information, that's fraud and as soon as Sprint puts 2 and 2 together with everyone running wild with these login credentials your discount will be wiped or worse. Not to mention those discounts are horrible, I feel bad for Sprint employees. I get 255 off my bill just by showing them my work ID and these poor guys work with Sprint and that's all they get?

Upvote 0
First off don't use that information, that's fraud and as soon as Sprint puts 2 and 2 together with everyone running wild with these login credentials your discount will be wiped or worse. Not to mention those discounts are horrible, I feel bad for Sprint employees. I get 255 off my bill just by showing them my work ID and these poor guys work with Sprint and that's all they get?

You are aware that "Russ McGuire's" information has been out amongst Sprint users for a couple of years now, and Sprint hasn't lifted a finger about it. It was first released on SprintUsers.com where MANY people have utilized it to get onto EPRP's. Don't worry about it.

Upvote 0
You are aware that "Russ McGuire's" information has been out amongst Sprint users for a couple of years now, and Sprint hasn't lifted a finger about it. It was first released on SprintUsers.com where MANY people have utilized it to get onto EPRP's. Don't worry about it.

Honestly no, I wasn't aware. Then again it's more about the principal of the matter for me, I believe there are better ways to go about saving a few dollars but I guess that's the way I was brought up. And I honestly do feel bad for them if that truly is all a Sprint employee gets as a discount.

Upvote 0

Not really fraud, it is just a referral program:

Everything Plus Referral Program: Sprint employees are entitled to an unlimited number of referrals per calendar year. Offers are only available online.

Doesnt mean that is what Sprint employees pay, just plans they can refer others to. It is legit. Read the link to the sprint website that explains it. It is a program for Sprint employees to refer others, NOT a program for Sprint employees themselves.

Upvote 0
Honestly no, I wasn't aware. Then again it's more about the principal of the matter for me, I believe there are better ways to go about saving a few dollars but I guess that's the way I was brought up. And I honestly do feel bad for them if that truly is all a Sprint employee gets as a discount.

EPRP = Employee Preferred REFERAL Plan. These plans are specifically for Sprint employees to entice friends, family, and associates to join Sprint. I have no idea if these are also the plans that Sprint employees have available to them.

There is also something called the Advantage Club, that offers even more extraordinary pricing, but you need to have an employee actually back your plan from a credit perspective.

So really, there's no "violation of principal" in distributing this. If you go digging on SprintUsers.com, the person who originally posted this information long ago claimed that Russ himself authorized it for distribution. For all we know, he gets a kickback every single time someone signs up for an EPRP?

Upvote 0
EPRP = Employee Preferred REFERAL Plan. These plans are specifically for Sprint employees to entice friends, family, and associates to join Sprint. I have no idea if these are also the plans that Sprint employees have available to them.

There is also something called the Advantage Club, that offers even more extraordinary pricing, but you need to have an employee actually back your plan from a credit perspective.

So really, there's no "violation of principal" in distributing this. If you go digging on SprintUsers.com, the person who originally posted this information long ago claimed that Russ himself authorized it for distribution. For all we know, he gets a kickback every single time someone signs up for an EPRP?

Ah, that makes more sense I misinterpreted that then, apologies. I thought someone had taken a Sprint employee's info and posted it online. Carry on then! :D

Upvote 0
sorry about the sentence structure. I was just slamming my head on the keyboard at like 4 in the morning.

Anyhow with the referral program the total monthly cost comes to 124.99 a month and i can get my parent 2 palm prixi to upgrade over there motorola razr. With the referral program it seems that att and sprint becomes almost the same price, but if i got sprint i would be able to get my parents new phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones