• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Play FLV files on Wildfire S???

Rockplayer should be able to do it
Checking it out. Tks!

Edit 1:
Android Market: This app is incompatible with your HTC Wildfire S A510e. :(

Edit 2:
The RockPlayer website has 1.7.4 for ARMv6 download that works! ;) Well sort of. It has to play in software decoding mode and it can't quite keep up. I'll have to mess with it to try and improve performance.

Thanks, El P!

Upvote 0
With RockPlayer, 320x240 flvs play smoothly. Anything above that and the video lags but the audio keeps up. The same is also the case with MP4s larger than 320x240 which HTC's video player renders just fine. Apparently RockPlayer has some room to improve.

Most players work, moboplayer, .mxplayer and rockplayer aswell
Thanks. I'll check out moboplayer and mxplayer.

Update:
Of the three, RockPlayer has the worst performance and MxPlayer the best. MoboPlayer has the best interface (in my opinion) and is close to MxPlayer in performance, though sometimes not quite able to play a 320x240 flv without lag.

None of the three can handle flv above 320x240.
None of the three can handle MP4 above 320x240, whereas the HTC video player can!

So I'm going with MxPlayer for it's performance advantage for flvs, but for larger MP4s, I'm definitely sticking with HTC video player.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones