• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Please check back tomorrow"

i hope that's the case but im not too sure i can believe it. there are people with this message that were some of the first to order it on the 18th. why would they pick and choose which ones to put on hold? why not stick with the first come first served policy?

I agree, I ordered just after midnight on the 19th. My order was put on hold and subsequently canceled. I had to re-order this morning. I'm sure they are filled on a first-come-first-served basis. That other thread that this one branched off of pretty much proves it.. people were getting their shipping confirmation emails in order pretty much.

Upvote 0
I agree, I ordered just after midnight on the 19th. My order was put on hold and subsequently canceled. I had to re-order this morning. I'm sure they are filled on a first-come-first-served basis. That other thread that this one branched off of pretty much proves it.. people were getting their shipping confirmation emails in order pretty much.
so my question is has anyone recovered from this check back tomorrow status without having to get it straightened out or cancel and reorder?

Upvote 0
were all getting lied to - at least the first 50 times we call :( i dont know if calling back will help. i keep getting the same rude people with no help. ive given up but you could always try again.

I think I'm done trying. :(

However, when I go into MyVerizon account, it still says I'm eligible for my NE2 discount. So I'm assuming if my order STILL is not processed by the 29th, I can walk into a store, and use my upgrade and walk out with the phone, then just mail in the $100 rebate.

If they magically charge me and send out a second phone there on later, I will just return it and deal with customer service then.

At least all of you have been super helpful. Much more helpful then those at Internet Sales! :p

Upvote 0
Is it possible all the "please check back tomorrow" are orders made with credit cards? Like if you ordered with an Amex card, doesn't it run through security checks?

I've said the same thing earlier, but highly doubt it. I'm paying with the same Debit Card I use every single month to pay my monthly wireless bill with Verizon. I've been using this card with them for a few years now, and it's even saved in my personal Verizon account.

Upvote 0
Order# 520026***

Okay just got off the phone and this was the explanation I was given, which makes sense.
There was a glitch in the system that allowed orders to actually go through. They are processing orders today and tomorrow. Some of the orders that have their shipping info will be sent 2-3 days. The rest will be sent overnight to keep the 29th delivery date. When I asked him about my account he said that it had "been assigned", but nothing had been processed yet. He also stated that if there was an issue an e mail would be sent, and if it goes through an e mail will be sent. If I don't have either e mail prior to Wednesday morning then I can call back and they will look into it. As long as I call by Wednesday 1000 am if I don't have a notice either way then I will still receive the phone by Thursday

Upvote 0
Order# 520026***

Okay just got off the phone and this was the explanation I was given, which makes sense.
There was a glitch in the system that allowed orders to actually go through. They are processing orders today and tomorrow. Some of the orders that have their shipping info will be sent 2-3 days. The rest will be sent overnight to keep the 29th delivery date. When I asked him about my account he said that it had "been assigned", but nothing had been processed yet. He also stated that if there was an issue an e mail would be sent, and if it goes through an e mail will be sent. If I don't have either e mail prior to Wednesday morning then I can call back and they will look into it. As long as I call by Wednesday 1000 am if I don't have a notice either way then I will still receive the phone by Thursday

I agree with you.....it DOES make sense...all this is just confusing because ppl get different answers when they call! Def. they e-mail thing makes sense (if something with the cc or else is wrong) since some ppl got one and others didn't....
I still believe they "ran" out of phones.....now hear me out....I don't mean you don't get your phone but since they sent out the "early orderers" maybe those were the ones without the card...because there have to be different boxes for the ones with card ( I am speaking of the extra memory card here )....I highly doubt the open the box and put the card in lol.....I bet some were packaged/boxed already....those were sent out the past few days......
I mean it makes sense because they also stopped the "processing orders" altogether....most of the guys/girls in this thread here were "processed" shortly before they stopped....then again the others that were in between have a "hold" for some reason.....anyone agrees....???:thinking:

Upvote 0
I agree with you.....it DOES make sense...all this is just confusing because ppl get different answers when they call! Def. they e-mail thing makes sense (if something with the cc or else is wrong) since some ppl got one and others didn't....
I still believe they "ran" out of phones.....now hear me out....I don't mean you don't get your phone but since they sent out the "early orderers" maybe those were the ones without the card...because there have to be different boxes for the ones with card ( I am speaking of the extra memory card here )....I highly doubt the open the box and put the card in lol.....I bet some were packaged/boxed already....those were sent out the past few days......
I mean it makes sense because they also stopped the "processing orders" altogether....most of the guys/girls in this thread here were "processed" shortly before they stopped....then again the others that were in between have a "hold" for some reason.....anyone agrees....???:thinking:

after my 4th call i found out the card is completely seprate and they have 8000 in stock currently. the guy said he can ship me that but i wont have my phone until next week sometime............

Upvote 0
Email from Verizon on my "check back tomorrow" order:

Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your order due to: Cancelled

If you have any further questions regarding your order please reply to this email. Please do not alter the subject line of the message when replying.

Your reference number is 327388XXX.

Sincerely,

Verizon Wireless
South Business Service Center

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones