• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please forgive the noob-ness of this question

Rodeojones

Android Enthusiast
Apr 21, 2010
Bloomer, WI
I need to flash back to stock (no root) on my wife's phone. She just got it yesterday but we noticed an issue with the keyboard so it needs to go back. I'm aware of the steps for getting back to stock (flashing the 2.0.1 sbf in RSD Lite). But once that happens, her phone will be prompted to update to 2.1 from an OTA update, right? This is what I'm wondering about. I don't want to take the phone to Verizon with it still running 2.0.1 and have some questions to answer. So, if I flash back to 2.0.1 will I be prompted to update to 2.1? If so, how soon after going back to 2.0.1 will this prompt happen?

Again, sorry for the noob-ness of this question. :eek: Thanks in advance for your answers.

You're going to want it to have 2.1 right? If it has for official OTA like all Droids should be coming with now...wouldn't that look normal?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yeah, I want it to have stock 2.1 on it (right now it's running JRummy's Kangerade Froyo) with the stock recovery. When we got it yesterday it was already running stock 2.1. I want to make sure that after I flash the 2.0.1 sbf it will then receive the OTA update for 2.1. And I'm curious as to how long it will take for it to receive the update.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones