1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Please help an idiot...

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by aaroprid, Jul 31, 2010.

1. aaroprid

aaroprid New Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Student
    Hi everyone Ive used this forum for a while as a lurker to pick up bits of advice from people more in the know than me. I wanted to update my phone basically but im getting a bit confused when im trying to do it. I have read through these forums extensively but I dont really know what im meant to be updating, the ROM or the software and im not even sure what version of android I am running right now. I have a HTC Hero and my phone provider is T-Mobile. On the phone status screen it says...

Firmware Version: 1.5
    Baseband version: 63.18.55.06fu_6.35.07.08
    Build Number: 2.73.110.26 CL#69351 release-keys
    Software version: 1.0.0.A6288

Now do I need to update the firmware version? Software version? and what's a ROM? I know there is lots of info on these forums about updating but I dont really know what im meant to be updating. Ive looked on the HTC website and the only downloads I can find are ROMs are these the things I need to download to update the version of Android im running. Also I thought the Hero recieved updates over the air? I have never recieved any updates over the air or been offered them. Sorry for all of the questions but this is something I have been trying to do myself for a long time and failed miserably so I hope someone can help. Thanks :)

Advertisement