• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help before my wife kills me!

zane7570

Lurker
Dec 22, 2013
Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this message. First of all, I know nothing about the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 except for what she tells me. Anyway she uses it mostly to play games and make calls but she does have internet access and has no problems with that. However when she tries to open youtube by the icon or the play store by the icon it gives a message saying she "has no connection to the net". She somehow thinks I should be able to solve the problem immediately and I did try searching for answers but could not find. I appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks.

If you have wifi in your house, go into Settings/Connections/Wifi. Try to connect to your wifi router. If that gets her back to working, call your carrier and ask if there's a data outage in your area. (Get her happy first, right?)

From there? I don't have the Galaxy tab so I don't know where you'd check 3G/4G settings, but that's "the internet" without wifi available. If she couldn't make calls, I'd suspect a bad SIM card if you're with TM or AT&T.

Reactions: zane7570
Upvote 0
Thank you. I told her and she says the Wifi connection is fine. Her internet works fine, but somehow when she tries to use the youtube icon or the play store icon or the Samsung apps icon she is told the internet is not working. When she tries to access youtube through internet connection, all is fine. She wonders why the icons are not working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones