• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help fix my Android mobile :(

coleski

Lurker
Sep 27, 2011
I recently got a Samsung galaxy 5 gt-15503t

I pluged it into PC setup Kies (samsung app) and went to update my phone. The phone was accidently unplugged by someone while it had a "downloading" Icon on the screen as it was updating.

Now when I turn my phone on it has a picture with a computer linked to a phone with a triangle in between them that was a exclimation mark in the middle. I tried holding down the volume down, the middle button and the power on button. This took me back to the "downloading" screen it had while updating

What should I do ? Kies is now trying to connect to my phone which is still on the downloading screen, nothing much happening though...

Is there a way to format these phones back to factory settings without turning them on? As I can't turn it on it flashes the samsung screen quickly then goes to the screen I mentioned above with the PC connected to the phone with the exclimation mark

Thanks

My phone got messed up this past week and I couldn't, for the life of me, find the right key combination to factory reset the thing.

What I did, and recommend you to do the same, is to take it to your service provider's tech service and work out a way for them to reset your phone back to normal. If you feel that what you did breached your warranty, you can also take it into any tech shop around your town, one of those where they fix all types of phones, and see what can be done to salvage your mobile.

Good luck with unbricking your phone.

Upvote 0
do not panic thats verry simple to fix just go to samfirmware site download the latest firmware for our fone and the odin downloader read the flash guide note down the passwords they give u (normally samfirm/samfirmware or/and www. SamFirmware .com) install/unpack odin put files into odin as shown in flash guide put fone into download mode(vol down, menu & power button at same time) plug into usb wait for odin to regester fone and flash DO NOT UNPLUG UNTILL FINISHED AND PASSED OR PASS IS DESPLAYED/SHOWN ON ODIN. hope this helped, or if ur confident flashing/porting go to xda developers site look for our device and get cyanogenmod 7.1 (cm7.1) its a custom rom and makes our device a lot lot more powerfull and gives u as much internal memory as u want using s2e (only compatable with cm7.1) cheack it out its wicked trust me hope this helped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones