• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help! Headphone problem!

rcmweaver

Lurker
Jan 1, 2013
Help! I recently bought a new HTC One V so I went to try out the headphones. I plugged them in and a strange icon appeared (looks like a phone with lines underneath it) and no sound will go through the headphones. The external speaker works fine but I'd really like to use headphones for music! Any help or definition of what the icon means is greatly appreciated!

The only notification icon I see with a phone and lines is the vibrate icon. I doubt this is what you are seeing so if you can give a bit more info maybe we can help determine if it's a software or hardware issue.

Stock or Custom Rom

Media Player you are using

Can you post a screen shot or take a picture of phone and post.

Have you tried other headphones

Anything else you think might be helpful

Upvote 0
mine has the same problem, if you dont have that problem you will not see that icon. This is the first time i am seeing such an icon. when you insect the earphone an icon like a phone handle facing downwards with five dashes umderneath appears. When that happens, you will not hear the soumd thru the earphone no matter the app you use except tha default radio which comes. Can some pls help me find a solution to this. Sunce this happened using my phine has never been the same again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones