• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PLEASE HELP/READ!need help logging in!

msants

Lurker
Jan 18, 2010
well, I don't know exactly how to word my question but here it goes:

I had a mytouch last month and it allowed me the data services for about an hour or 2 (long enough to make a gmail account and log in the phone)

after the 2 hours or so that I had the data, I was no longer to enjoy the data. (I never actually had the data plan, idk why it allowed me to make an account in the first place) I never worried about not having data because I was able to use the phone regardless.

later that month I traded the phone and I restored the factory defaults and I then tried to log in the phone with my gmail account (that I had originally made with the mytouch) and it wasn't allowing me to log in anymore!

NOW, the reason why I am posting is because, I am going to buy a g1 tomorrow and I am worried that it won't be like the mytouch did and allow me to log in or possibly even make a new account.

I called tmobile, explained the whole story, and they told me that they can not make promises about the g1 letting me log in or not.

so, my (NEW) G1 forum friends, I call on you for help and possibly a solution!*

be the way, I am not the 1 paying my bill so please don't tell me to get the data plan!*

I would like to know ANYTHING you guys have to help me!

btw, I LOVE ANDROID phones!
(I really do)! lol
thanks so much guys!!
-Martin S.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones