• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help screwed up my phone!!!!

ljbaumer

Mar 16, 2010
Bay Area
please can someone help me i totally screwed up my droid eris on accident.

here is what happened:

ok so i downloaded the file for the droid eris 2.1 ota file and i wanted to see if it would really not work on the leaked android 2.1 leak v3 so i followed the instructions on phandroid.com to manually put it on my phone. So i thought i had read somewhere that you had delete and PB00IMG.zip files on your phone so i did that and then turned off my phone and put it in bootloader mode. i tried to load it up but all it came up with was a picture of an exclamation mark and an android symbol.

so i figured i should just pull the battery and go back to the leak v3.

when i tried to turn the phone back on it would just come up with the picture of the android and the exclamation mark in the triangle again.

i was wondering if there was any way if i could fix this and how. could i just use the android-sdk adb and put the leak v3 back onto it and then reboot it? if so how?

please help me!!!!

with version 3 at the exclaimation point you have to hit volume up + power (home + power is only for version 1.5) to get the recovery console then use volume down key to scroll down the menu with options to just reboot the phone and stop the process or install the update off the sd card. the install option with a leak ends with a message that it was aborted and you go back to the recovery console menu. sounds like you by chance got it to reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones