• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please Help! Stuck in Clockwork Mod.

My droid i rooted with clockworkmod and in an attempt to unroot my droid I ended up doing a factory reset, and formating my -boot -cash -sd card -ect... This was BAD because now my phone will stay at the "M" logo and when I go into Clockwork mod it dosnt let me do anything, I can choose factory reset but nothing happens..

Not sure what to do. However I believe if I had a .zip file I would be able to install it from my sd card in clock work recovery.. However my sd card is blank so I will have to put it on my sd card as a stand alone.

Can anyone give me a .zip file of maybe someones rom back up, or anything that can help..

Or if there is somthing els i can do will someone please help me?

You don't have a backup? None copied to your PC? :thinking:

Yeah, once you formatted boot and system, the phone has no clue what to do, so it does nothing. You will want to download a ROM to the PC, move it to the SD card and install in ClockworkMod. I would recommend UD2.5 as it is a GREAT ROM and will at least you back on the road to recovery.

EDIT: OR ^Bugless Beast. They're both better than where you are now :)

Upvote 0
That would work, however when i download the file it dosnt stay a .zip file so clockwork mod wont even detect it..

I don't understand... what's extracting it? The ROM .zip should go in the root of the SD card and CWMod should read it as a .zip... if something is extracting it tell it to STOP!

Upvote 0
It stays a ziped file but the name of the file dosnt have .zip at the end of it, so it wont read it.. When I put it on the sd card and in to the phone, and I boot into cwm and click the option to install from sd card it gives me a blank screen and when i push the power button (advance button) it send me back to the previous cwm opening screen..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones