• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help with 'Inc" unroot! Thanks!

mfuchs88

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
Hey everyone, a while ago I rooted my D-inc which was on 2.1 without installing any custom roms or kernels, and I basically didn't use it. I put the correct downgrade file onto the root of my SD and it can never find it or open it in bootloader or recovery mode. So to solve this problem, I did a full system wipe hoping that I would no longer be rooted and that I would be able to install 2.2., although once I backed up and restored completely, it downloaded the update and then failed when installing it because of something relating to signature verification. I used recovery and toggled signature verification off and it still didn't work. And I still have superuser installed for some reason. So I guess I'm still rooted... I have no idea how to undo this because none of the Youtube videos have worked for me, it always fails in finding the IMG and installing the update from it. Please AndroidForums, I need as much help as I can get and need specific answers as to how I should go about unrooting. Links for file downloads would be greatly appreciated. I have a full backup of my phone on my computer. I have no idea of what to do now. Again, thanks sooooo much! I have read other threads and know how helpful you always are!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones