• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help with SD card data on Samsung Galaxy S II

RizXperia

May 28, 2010
24/08/11

Evening folks am in a right pickle and need some help and an how 2 tutorial . My mum recently upgraded from the Samsung D900 to the Samsung Galaxy SII now i went and removed the memory card from the D900 and put it into the Galaxy now all the songs were labelled etc in the D900 but now the songs are sitting in the lost directory folder in the Galaxy and are just numbers now i cant play them and i will need to rename them all i think .

1. Why are all my songs sitting in the Lost.dir folder ?

2. Now is there an app out there which can save me from doing this having to rename all songs from numbers to aplhabetical wordings?

3. What app can i use to play all the songs in one go as just now i need to press them one by one .

4. Where will songs be stored in future if i get them bluetoothed or downloaded using my mobile ?

I would appreciate it if somone could take the time to write me a Idiots guide on how to for my mothers sake

Cheers and hope someone can help real soon

Rizxperia

Media monkey is an app in the market that easily tags/renames your media files.

The SGS2 should have a media player app that you could create playlists, Samsung makes arguably the best android media players.

When you download new songs, they will automatically show up in the media player. I'm not sure if the default storage goes to the sd card, maybe someone else knows.

Your mom is clearly smart and awesome for getting this phone, by the way.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Hi!

I've moved your post over here to the SGS2 forum because some of your questions are generic enough but I think for best advice on things, best to stick with other SGS2 owners.

Here's one part of a beginner's guide, I hope you find it useful -

http://androidforums.com/android-ap...ps-avoid-viruses-guide-those-new-android.html

LOST.DIR is a recycle bin of sorts - sometimes files you delete get placed there, but also any corrupted files - especially if there was a problem ejecting the SD card from use on a PC (even if that is while it was still in the phone) messing things up - will tend to shift files there.

I'm sure there might be some sort of recovery program - but I'm not personally familiar with any for this purpose.

I'll bet the helpful SGS2 folks here can help further, tho.

Cheers, best luck!

Upvote 0
Media monkey is an app in the market that easily tags/renames your media files.

The SGS2 should have a media player app that you could create playlists, Samsung makes arguably the best android media players.

When you download new songs, they will automatically show up in the media player. I'm not sure if the default storage goes to the sd card, maybe someone else knows.

Your mom is clearly smart and awesome for getting this phone, by the way.

Cheers mate she is but can be a pain like she is now aaaah, cant fine mediamonkey on the market mate ??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones