• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help :)

DHDNo.1

Jun 17, 2011
Right guys.. Flash player 10.3 is the subject topic! when i use to go on the original internet browser.. i use to use BBC SPORT and id open it up as a full site not the mobile version and i would be able to watch all the latest bbc videos that they have up there on there page. like interviews etc etc. But now when i load up the page i get all the writing and like a big white gap where the video should be. any ideas?

I got all the right boxes ticked in my internet settings as far as i know.

Many thanks :)

What network are you with? I'm with 3 and have tried both the mobile broadband dongle apn and the mobile apn and neither works. I think it might be a case of them limiting the viewing audience to UK only and they can only do this if your IP indicates you at an address in the UK as mobile internet can be viewed from anywhere they don't want non fee paying consumers to hog the bandwidth watching videos. Might be part of their cost cutting measures. Its why your requested to be on a wifi connection using the iplayer app.

Upvote 0
Again probably down to that fact that there are so many proxies involved with your works wifi and how they have their network setup causing the BBC validation of your location to suffer.

I initially thought it was that too, but it's just connected straight to the internet via a homehub in one of the meeting rooms, there are no proxies and access is unrestricted.

We've a proper company network that is restricted to the hilt. The WiFi is used by 2nd line to connect client laptops too so they can diagnose/recreate client VPN/dial in issues so in effect, it's just the same as the broadband line in my house.

Upvote 0
Right well just checked Opera Mobile and the videos work fine on that. Must be an issue with the browser.

[EDIT]Yep just checked the only browsers supported are: IE6/FireFox 2/Opera 7 and above versions for all. The Android Browsers is not supported, neither is Safari which requires Real Player. Hence it working for my Opera Mobile.[/EDIT]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones