• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories PM sent to product test from BlakeRearthUSA

IOWA

Mr. Logic Pants
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
BlakeRearthUSA said:
Hello IOWA I am a representative of RearthUSA. We are a recently launched company in the U.S., and we are seeking consumer responses to our products so that we can revise them in order to better suit your preferences. We are currently trying to improve our Season 1 HTC EVO 4G case. As you are a highly respected member among the AndroidForums Community, we would like to mail you a case free of charge so that you can test and use our product in order for us to gain some valuable consumer feedback. You may choose any color you want from the following list on our site - Rearth USA | Judge us by the cover! We would highly appreciate your comments, concerns, and suggestions in regard to our HTC EVO 4G case. If you enjoy our product and feel that it is something worth sharing with other members of the community or that they might benefit from its use, then we would truly appreciate you taking the time to post a review on the forum so that other members have the opportunity to view it and deliver their feedback as well. If you are interested in assisting us to develop a top-quality product then please feel free to respond to me via email at - Blake@RearthUSA.com Once you have confirmed with me your color choice and provided your shipping address, we will ship the case out to you immediately. Thank you very much for all of your time and consideration of this message. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Blake Trasker | RearthUSA R&D
RearthUSA.com

Anyone else get it?

I wish I were "highly respected" enough on androidforums to get cool scam pms like that... not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous...

but no, in all seriousness, I bet it is legit. I could see that as being a decent promotional attempt by a case company. Would I still be cautious? Definitely. It also didn't help that I just looked up their "return" address and it looks to be a Wendys. But, the cases look decent enough.

Upvote 0
PMs deleted and user banned. If they want to hand out free accessories for feedback there are better ways to do it than spamming PMs across the site asking people for their addresses - without warning the site staff.

Sorry to those who were looking forward to one of these PMs or wanted the case. Should everyone revolt and taze me bro, I'll unban them and PM them a disclaimer I'll insist they include in future PMs.

I'm not following this thread, should that be case (HA, case!!) someone PM me and link me here. Thanks!

Upvote 0
pms deleted and user banned. If they want to hand out free accessories for feedback there are better ways to do it than spamming pms across the site asking people for their addresses - without warning the site staff.

Sorry to those who were looking forward to one of these pms or wanted the case. should everyone revolt and taze me bro, i'll unban them and pm them a disclaimer i'll insist they include in future pms.

i'm not following this thread, should that be case (ha, case!!) someone pm me and link me here. Thanks!

lmao

Upvote 0
PMs deleted and user banned. If they want to hand out free accessories for feedback there are better ways to do it than spamming PMs across the site asking people for their addresses - without warning the site staff.

Sorry to those who were looking forward to one of these PMs or wanted the case. Should everyone revolt and taze me bro, I'll unban them and PM them a disclaimer I'll insist they include in future PMs.

I'm not following this thread, should that be case (HA, case!!) someone PM me and link me here. Thanks!

Seems reasonable. like they're trying to get free advertising on a site that is supported by pay ads. I think that's called spam. At least some members get a case out of it.

Upvote 0
Yep they are legit. Great people.

I got the case as well and it works great. I highly recommend the case, one of the best silicone cases I've used on any gadget.

You can be too paranoid sometimes. I mean, they're not asking for credit card or bank info. Who the hell cares if you gave them your name / address?

Even though I'm way protective of my info, this did not sound like a scam at all, especially since they were not asking for any credit card / bank info.

A lot of us think we're a lot more important than we actually are.

Reactions: wase4711
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones