• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Poor Wi-Fi range...

Welcome to the forum!

Nah, lots of people have had some issues with wifi strength.

I personally use a thing called Wifi Analyzer free from the Market to check for neighbor's signals on the same channel messing things up - that was a killing a buddy of mine. In an airport recently, we were all getting bad wifi reception - but there were three or four services all on one channel. You sweep left-right to see the various screens.

Also, you may be hitting some unlucky nulls.

And also, this is no secret, either the wifi indicator or something else is a little wacky in the stock 2.1 EVO.

They're updating that really soon and it gives a big wifi improvement.

But - maybe try the analyzer for that channel thing, you never know.

Upvote 0
I hav got a HTC EVO for maself n facing a problem with its Wi-Fi range...
As sonn i get out from the room where i hav got router installed, it loses all its signals.....
m i the only one facing this prob.......??
ny way to improve its range.........??

It's not just you, I tested 2 EVO's and both had the worse Wi-Fi reception I have ever seen.
Worse than any other device I have ever tested and I have tested just about every "high" end device known to man. Even the Nintendo DS has better Wi-Fi reception! That's a sad statement....

Joe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones