• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root PORT : Saber Pac Rom 4.4.4 LG L90

its just a guess. nothing to back it up really. but my guess is lg acquired cheaper camera components in later models. these are the ones that have green tint issues that are not fixed by software changes. if it were possible...hit the carrier up and tell them you think your camera is messed up..green tint on everything. if they have any older refurb models in stock you could get a resolved one. roll of the dice though.

Why not just use OpenCamera from playstore better camera and no greent tint ?

Upvote 0
Still gives off the green tint unfortunately.
search around the source for imx111 and see what firmware and misc files its calling and check that with whoshot source.. cuz i dont even see imx179 listed in the camera dsti and when i call ls /sys/bus/i2c/drivers
on stock zv6 i get
dummy
imx219
ir-kbd-i2c
lge_ts_misc
lp5521
msm_eeprom
pn544
tabla-i2c-core
touch_atmel
touch_melfas
wcd9xxx-i2c-core

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
@Curtis1973 is switching contacts out for the cm11 contacts as easy as switching the apk? Or is there other lib files? (Should use the same ones)
Edit so the contacts are the same (unless I did something wrong). I don't remember why I thought it was different. I just don't like the UI for contacts. IMO, it's ugly.
Can I use the stock contacts files to switch in?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Curtis1973 is switching contacts out for the cm11 contacts as easy as switching the apk? Or is there other lib files? (Should use the same ones)
Edit so the contacts are the same (unless I did something wrong). I don't remember why I thought it was different. I just don't like the UI for contacts. IMO, it's ugly.
Can I use the stock contacts files to switch in?

Yeah not as easy as just swapping them out. I cant say I favor it myself.

Upvote 0
Looked in settings all over for any kind of ability to move apps to SD card, dont see anything. Does this ROM have a built in move to SD card capability? How do I turn it on or do I have to manually install some Link2SD apk and get that to work?

Also in app setting I dont even see the Move To SD card greyed out or anything like other ROMs have.

Last edited:
Reactions: SykkNyzz
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Looked in settings all over for any kind of ability to move apps to SD card, dont see anything. Does this ROM have a built in move to SD card capability? How do I turn it on or do I have to manually install some Link2SD apk and get that to work?

Also in app setting I dont even see the Move To SD card greyed out or anything like other ROMs have.
I'm pretty sure KitKat doesn't have native moving apps to sd and manufactures or something like that add it. I think it's because it can cause problems when you switch the card between phones or ROMs

Upvote 0

Attachments

• 1453746437146.jpg
    1453746437146.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 1453746451661.jpg
    1453746451661.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0
ROM-PORT : LG L90 SABER: PAC ROM 4.4.4

E4XMRc.png

Any Issues Original Device Rom Had Have Been Resolved In Our Port.​

About​

This Rom Combines A Solid Pac Rom Port With The Fixes Implemented To Fix Camera Green Tint,Video Recording And Other Items​

Whats working?​

NFC
Data 3/4G LTE
WiFi
WiFi Hotspot
Calling
Camera
Video Recording
Video Playback HQ
Everything Else Not Listed Below As Far As I Can Tell​

Errors​

Typo Stating LG L9 Instead of L90 When Flashing​

Whats Not Working?​

USB Tethering.. Doesn't Seem To Be Working In Most Of Our Stuff. Use A Third Party App Like PDANet​

Maybe other minor things..don't know. You Tell Me.​

Credits​

hadidjapri original rom port for the lg l 90​

whoshotjr2006 for base cm11 with green tint fix,hq video,etc repaired by tom 1957​

hash brown for testing buggy build that had failed torch,incorrectly mapped home button,external sdcard not showing,keyboard crashing,build before posting to testers had no data,crashed systemui when attempting to fix data with apn fixers,other...​

Install​

Download rom,google apps package if you want to use google apps and the apn fix for your carrier attached below,reboot to recovery,wipe dalvik-cache,cache,data and internal storage,flash the rom,then flash gapps package if you want to use google apps,then flash appropriate apn fixer for your carrier boost or virgin mobile (downloads for the carrier fixes are below in attachments),reboot and enjoy.​

Download​

Google Apps​

Screenshots Of Rom Using CM11 Cobalt Theme​

Is their a way to fix double tap to wake I still can't figure out how to fix it it won't work what so ever

Upvote 0
yeah its the quick settings panel weather. its controlled by services.jar if I recall correctly. either its trying to use dead yahoo weather feed links or itscthe gsm vs CDMA problem. both should be able to be fixed in same jar file. although I hope its just the gsm CDMA issue. that's a quick fix...the yahoo feed stuff is more of an issue.
Ur on a roll nicely done

Reactions: Curtis1973
Upvote 0
from you bro I am thankful. I won't upload anything unless I think its spot on for the most part. the GPS lock I think you got to get on stock and it'll stick when you flash over. not sure why that is but others say that's how they got the lock. there is a double tap to wake issue... doesn't work lol...but outside of that I'm using it now. ports can work very well. two things have to happen. pick a device as close as possible to yours to work from and pick a rom from it not already a port or riddled with its own bugs. the original developer did good by this one and whoshotjr2006 had a solid cm base too. that made this easy.

Reactions: Bad_MOFO_33
Upvote 0
oh will do an update to try a fix for double tap,an issue I found with an init.d option that PAC logs indicate isn't supported, and try to get native SD move support although I think these builds don't even have it in coding anymore like our stock 4.4 has. starting on it in the morning. will go through posts for issues reported and try to squash them

Reactions: Bad_MOFO_33
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones